Open to college students only
Applications are now being accepted
Click here for application form
Fellowship dates: Mon, June 17 – Sun, June 23, 2019
Application deadline: Fri, March 15, 2019
Open to preformed ensembles, the DSO String Quartet Fellowship provides motivated college musicians with an immersive experience focused on high-level performing and teaching. Working closely with camp faculty, fellows will mentor students in large and small group settings, receive coachings and lessons, and present a full recital. This camp is a fulfilling experience for all involved, and presents a critical opportunity to inspire a lasting love of music in our campers.
- All fellows must have completed at least one year of college by the start of camp (6/17/19).
- All fellows must submit to a background check, in accordance with the Dubuque Symphony Orchestra’s Code of Conduct and Child & Youth Protection Policy.
- All fellows will be required to attend a training session on the morning of Monday, June 17, 2019 (first day of camp).
Included in the Fellowship
- Room and board on the Clarke University campus (the ensemble is responsible for transportation to and from the camp)
- Meals (three per day, beginning with lunch on June 17th, ending with dinner on June 23rd)
- Rehearsal space
- Coachings with camp faculty
- Private lessons with camp faculty
- Opportunity to present a full recital (marketing to be handled by DSO)
- There is no tuition associated with the fellowship
Fellowship Ensemble Responsibilities
The following will take place during 9am-5:30pm – camp fellows are relieved of all responsibilities at 5:30pm each day.
- Assist camp faculty with sectional coaching, student quartet coaching, providing other support as needed
- Act as mentors during the full string ensemble rehearsals and final concert
- Assist the camp director as needed (classroom set-up, etc)
- Oversee campers during recreation time, transitions between classes, etc
Application Instructions (all materials must be submitted together)
- A completed application is due by Friday, March 15, 2019. Only one member of the ensemble should submit the application; this person will be considered the “Primary Contact” for the group.
- As part of the application, the Primary Contact must include the following:
Individual bios for each quartet member
A group bio
One letter of recommendation, including contact information (phone and email) for the person writing the recommendation, as well as the contact information (phone and email) for a second reference
Video recording of two contrasting movements by two different composers (videos may be submitted via links to Dropbox, Google Drive, or YouTube)
- All application materials may be submitted to Madalyn Mackey (DSO Education Programs Manager and Camp Director) at email@example.com.
Please note: the fellowship is awarded to only one ensemble per summer.
Questions may be directed to Madalyn Mackey, Education Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (563) 557-1677.